Skip to main content

Must Read Book of the Week!

Welcome,

First off I just wanted to let everyone know that I only have nine more chapters to go in Eragon. I rather impressed with myself because I have been reading faster than usually. So I would like to get three chapters today and maybe three more tomorrow or possibly more. I don't want to rush through the book but I have to finish it before it is due back at the Library.

Ranma 1/2 Manga!

Ranma 1/2 Volume 1
Genre: Martial Arts, Romantic Comedy

Written and Illustrated By: Rumiko Takahashi

Original Run: 1987-1996

Volumes: 38


If your looking  for some kick butt action and romance then check out the Ranma 1/2 Manga.  

Ranma 1/2 is a story about a 16 year old boy, Ranma Saotome, who is trained in his early childhood years in the practice of martial arts. Upon a journey with his father, a horrible accident takes place while in the middle of training. At first Ranma doesn't even realize the curse that has been cast literally upon him. When he is splashed with cold water, he changes into a girl.  However, the young main character soon learns that hot water will change him back into a boy. He discovers the many promises that were made and never kept and many young woman who come to stake their claim. Will Ranma ever learn how to keep a promise? The world may never know.

Ranma 1/2 TV Anime!


Ranma 1/2 Season 1 Box Set
Episodes: 161
 
Seasons: 7
Studio: Kitty Films and Studio Deen

Aired: April 15, 1989 - September 25, 1992

Media: DVD Box Set



The Japanese anime series was based off of the manga By Rumiko Takahashi. The series or show was created by Studio Deen. Studio Deen then aired it every week,  starting on April 15, 1989 - through September 16, 1989. The anime show  was aired on Fuji TV (a popular channel of sorts in Japan) before it was canceled because of low ratings. In the US, the anime is known as Ranma 1/2 (which is what the Japanese version translates to in English ) and we released the anime and made it into a Seven DVD Box Set by Viz Media. Each Box set included one season so there were plenty of episodes to go around to keep you busy until the next Box Set was released.. After the last season  episode was aired and the season ended ,  the production of 13 new episodes was created and released as OVA episodes on December 1993 and the last one was released more recently in July 2008. They made three movies from this anime series.

In my opinion, the manga is better than the anime. I love the anime don't get me wrong but I really enjoy reading this manga. I think it has to do with the fact that I the manga is rather easy read.

Resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranma_1/2#Anime

Love Britt
<3









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.