Skip to main content

Writing on Wednesday's - The Blade...!!!

Hey Y'all,

So I've been gathering all the things I have written from the past few years and trying to put them all in one place. I'm hoping having them all in one place will help spark my inspiration when I need it. I also like to look back on what I wrote and see where I could change it and maybe even add to it if I felt I had something good going. It all depends really. I know that my time will be limited once my baby arrives and my full time job begins. 

This was something I wrote awhile ago. I don't believe I've posted up on my blog before. If I have I apologize now. I tend to forget what I post about sometimes. I've been at this for a very long time.

I think it is safe to say that for now, Writing on Wednesday's is gonna be making a comeback on my blog. The only twist to this is that I'm only doing on Wednesday out of each month. This way I can write new stories, thoughts, and ideas down and use them at a later date. I'm excited to see how this years, Writing on Wednesday's goes for me. 

- The Blade -

The girl sat in her room, alone. 

The look on her face was one that was familiar to her. But not familiar to her family or friends. 

To them she was the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the happiest child alive. 

She holds the razor to her skin, Just below the place where the nurse would tie the knot to draw blood for the blood bank. 

The girl watched as she drew the blade over the skin. 

The blood flowed easily like it was drawn over a liquid pool. A thin line of blood appeared. 

She smiled. 

The pain only lasted a little while but the scars never truly left. The girl looked at her other arm, three freshly cut scars stared back at her. 

She sighed. 

This was the high she needed. The adrenaline rush that made it all worth it. 

*****************************************

So I wrote this awhile ago. I wanted to try and put myself in the shoes of someone who self harmed. I don't know if this is accurate or not. But I do think it gives an interesting idea to the concept of self harming. I think its important that we don't ignore these things because its something that people suffer from on a day to day basis. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.