Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday...!!!

Hello Readers,

So a fellow blogger, Page Turner, is doing something called the Top Ten Tuesday post. I decided I was going to do one as well since I like to challenge myself. The rules are as follows. You must name your Top Ten authors that you have read one book from but need to read more. This will be challenging for me since I love to read. I usually try to get my hands on everything that the author has published. But there are a select few, that I haven't had the chance to read.


Here it goes...

1. Veronica Roth - Divergent was an awesome read. I definitely want to continue with this amazing series. I enjoy good books and this book made a great impression on me. I also wanted to read it before I saw the movie. Tis only fair to the author, I think.

2. Lissa Price - Starters was a very enjoyable read. I sometimes forget to take the time to sit down and set time to read. It's a rather bad habit. But I couldn't put this book down. It was very hard. I just wish I wasn't such a slow reader. I know she has another book in the series, I just haven't bought it yet.

3. Lauren DeStepano - Wither (The Chemical Garden Series) was a read I struggled with at first. The idea behind the book was frightening. But once I got past that, I was able to move ahead and finish the book. I really ended up loving this book and the main character, Rhine Ellery.

4. Brenna Yonanoff - The Replacements was a book I rather enjoyed. I know this author has published more since this book. I just haven't been able to get my hands them. I'm a broke college student. This book was dark, creepy, and really interesting. I really loved this read.

5. Weezie Kerr Mackey - Throwing Like A Girl was a book that really helped me through a tough time in my life. I had just moved back to PA and started High School. I could really relate to the characters especially the main character, Ella. This author is my favorite author of all time. She wrote to me in emails and encouraged me to continue my dream of writing for young adults like myself. I really couldn't have started writing again without her support and time she put into reading my rough drafts of my book, Forbidden Ties.This author hasn't written anything else so far and I know that she is working on a new project that I am not disclosed to discuss.

6. John Green - Let It Snow was another book that helped me through a tough break up. I know it's a shocker that I haven't read anything else by this man. I just can't keep up with all the books I wish to buy. There's too many. But I plan to read more by him when I get the chance. I really look forward to A Fault in Our Stars. That looks like a great read.

7. Celia Thomson - The Fallen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King Series) was a really awesome read. And I love the idea of becoming a cat in a sense. I love animals. Cats just happen to be one of my favorites. I really like the main character, Chloe. I can relate to her. I tried to find this series but they don't seem to have it anywhere I look. I hope to get it soon. I look forward to reading more into this books world.

8. Christopher Paolini - Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle Series) was a read I had a hard time reading. I tried reading it when it first came out back when I was like I think thirteen or fourteen. But I found it to be really boring and it didn't keep my interest. I tried again, after waiting a couple years and I loved it so much. It was a great read. I love the dragon. I plan to continue on with the series.

9. Celia Rees - Witch Child (Witch Child Series) was a fantastic read. I love anything paranormal and anything that has to do with the Salem Witch trails. I think the history is really fascinating. I also have had a family member in past generations burned on the steak because people thought she/he was a witch. I hope to read more from this author in the near future.

10. Sarah Dressen - Lock and Key was one of my favorite books to read. I loved the characters and the whole story. I can't wait to get my hands on more books by her. Shes a fantastic author. I think she's really talented. And I've heard a lot of good things about her other books.

So that's my list, what's yours...
post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.