Skip to main content

Metrocon 2013...!!!

Hey Readers,

Well I had a lot of fun at Metrocon 2013 this year. I got to see some incredible voice actors who have done voice overs for some of my favorite shows like Fairy Tail, Avatar The Last Aribender, and The Legend of Kora. I also saw the guy who voiced Static Shock, which I remember watching as a kid. And lets not even forget that Scott McNeil was there. I swear that guy must really love his fans because he's been there like every year that I can remember. He's really cool and he's a lot of fun to listen to even though I've only ever seen bits and pieces of some of the shows he's been in. I also got to see some great panels this year. The Human Chess match was so cool. One cosplay that I was very surprised to see this year was Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. I didn't think anyone would cosplay that but some did an awesome job at it. 

As you may already know, I cosplayed Lucy from Fairy Tail. I was really surprised when people came up to me and wanted to take pictures of me and with me. It was a really good feeling. I guess I did a better job with my cosplay than I thought. But I was hoping there would of been more Fairy Tail people. There was a really good cosplay of Natsu on the last day and I got to take a picture with him. If there would of been more Fairy Tail people, I feel like we would of been able to form some kind of group and just get to know them. But I'm very shy around new people and its hard for me to come out of that shell. So I doubt anything like that would of happened anyway, especially since it didn't. The one thing I didn't really do was get into character. I think this may of ticked my friend off a little bit knowing that she wanted to take pictures of us as our cosplays in character. I would of tried but there was no one to ask to take the pictures for us. 

Next year, my friend Sage-of-video-games, wants to cosplay Slayers. If I went as someone from Slayers, I would most likely go as Amelia. She's not my favorite character but I do like how the show makes her mature. Its very refreshing to see since I've never seen it before. And I think I could come up with long spiels about justice if I had to. I wish I could say more but I have been sworn to secrecy by Xellos. Lol. 

Anyway, theres this con happening soon near by where I live and I've convinced my boyfriend that it might be fun to go as someone. I was thinking along the lines as maybe one of our favorite anime characters or video game characters. He's not much of an anime person but I think we can work around that. I have given him some options like Edward/Winry from Full Metal Alchemist, Sousuke Sagura/Kaname Chidori from Full Metal Panic, and an Assassins Creed pair like Ezio/Fiora Cavazza(The Courtesan) from Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I would most likely need to have someone make the assassin creed costumes because I do not have any skills involving sewing. But it would be cool to go as them. 

I wonder if I should learn how to sew. That skill would benefit me greatly in the cosplay industry. 

If I think of anything else to chat about. I will post it here. If you want to check me out on deviantart, you can find me here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.