Skip to main content

*Dead or Alive Again*

Title - Passing Strange
Author(s) - Daniel Waters 
Pub. Date - 1st of June, 2010
Publisher - Hyperion Books for Children
N.Of.Pages - Three hundred and Eighty-Six 
 
The Summary on The Back of My Copy - Karen Desonne is used to pretending to be something she is not. She's always passed as normal, all-American teenager - with her friends, her family, and at school. It cost her the love of her life, now that she's dead, she's still passing - this time as alive. Meanwhile, Karen's dead friends have been fingered in a high-profile murder, causing new anti-zombie regulations that have forced nearly all of Oakvale's undead into hiding. Karen soon learns that the "murder" was a hoax, staged by Pete Martinsburg and his anti-zombie zealots. Obtaining enough evidence to expose the fraud and prove her friends' innocence means doing the unthinkable: betraying her love by becoming Pete's girlfriend. Karen's only hope is that the enemy won't realize who she really is - because the consequences could be even worse than death. 

What A Girl Wants in her Books - This is what happens when someone pretends to be something they are not. But unlike in our own world. This is how the dead come back to life and the living reject them. The story of one girls betrayal to her loved one by dating the monster that threatens to hurt her friends.  Everyone pretends to be something they are not in life at least once. Not everyone can be made into something they are not though. This much I know. Theses are the times when people decide that a front is better than the person they truly are. For instance, people in school always seem to pretend to be what they aren't. Or they smile even when life sucks and isn't always going the way they planned. When I first started this book. I didn't think I would be able to handle it. I have a thing about suicide. Like the last book I tried to read that involved it, I couldn't take. I just the things that the character in that book endured was too much, it was too painful to read. I just couldn't handle all of it. So I tossed the book aside(calm down, I don't mean literally) and decided to read books with friendly outcomes. When I came to Passing Strange, after reading the other Generation Dead novels, I was so excited to be reading from Karen's point of view. She was so different from her other differently biotic friends. She could heal her wounds, talk like a traditionally biotic person, walk like one, and pass as one easily. She is an outcast even among her own people, even though they are all her friends and love her dearly.

I like so many people have had this happen to them. I'm the kind of person who can put a smile on her face even when they are really hurting on the inside. Now that most of you know this, don't judge me and be like well she is never truly happy if she can smile when she's not. No this is not the case at all. I smiled because I knew if I let the badness in, it would engulf me and never release me and I choose not to live like that. I knew I was stronger than anything that's been thrown flat in my face. And trust me, there's been a lot of times where I wanted to give in and let the blue fog take me under. But I never will let it come to that. I'm not weak. I am strong and I will never let all the bad things that have happened in my life decide my life for me. This is how I live my life, I move one day at a time, taking every day one step at a time. So I guess in my own way, I know what it's like to be something your not or make people believe something when it is false. I guess you could say I have mastered it over the years.  

I love Karen. I just love the way they pretray her through this book. She reminds me a lot of myself actually. If there was anything I could do for my friends, I would do it. But I am straight, while Karen is in love with a trad girl. She reminds me of the kind of friend I am, or try to be. I try to always be there for my friends. She's a good friend. She loves her friends very much and she's an all around good person, even if she's dead. She's pretty amazing actually for a zombie. Haha.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.