Skip to main content

Border's Goodbye's!

Welcome to Tuesday's Post,

Sorry, yesterday was a pretty busy day and I haven't had any of my posts all made up and ready before hand so I know I seem a little disorganized. 

I can't believe Borders (my favorite bookstore) is going out of business. It's just so hard to chew over. The only thing I think we can blame is the economy because I know it is hitting everyone hard. It's a disaster just waiting to unsheathe it's sword. However, I am proud to say that I got to spend a few last hours in the bookstore last Sunday, enjoying the books one last time. The only place I've ever liked shopping for books. I can't bring myself to shop elsewhere. I refuse. This store closing frenzy will not silence my need to own books or to buy them. That's what the internet is for is it not.

Last Sunday, while I was out shopping at Borders I bought three new books.

1. The Book Thief
2. Howl's Moving Castle
3. Lock and Key

Since Borders was going out of business where I live. I got all three books 20% off their original price. I think the cashier told me I saved like $5.30. I was like that's so awesome. Now the only thing on my list to get is a new Borders Rewards Card. My old one was stolen along with my wallet back in July.  What really made me mad is the person who stole my card, used it in two different locations. Thankfully, Borders Customer Service was able to cancel my card so the person wouldn't be able to use it and then they told me they'd be able to transfer all my benefits to the new card. When I asked the cashier for a new one, she told me that she couldn't give me one. Can you believe that. Hmph, it made me so mad. Then she had the nerve to tell me I could get one online, I was told earlier by Customer Service people that I couldn't get it online. So I was like okay they must have changed the procedure. So I'll be crawling off to do that in a bit.

I love volunteering at the Library. I really enjoy helping people and talking to people. I'm so proud of myself. I taught someone how to use the computer and I was happy to see them smile once they got the hang of it. I also picked up "Six" more books to read. That brings my total to like fifteen...I think.

1. Warriors 2: Fire and Ice
2. Chosen
3. Heist Society
4. Fire
5. Starcrossed
6. Eyes like Stars

Before, I went up to the Library I was at Joyce's house. Sue was showing me all the things I would have to do this week while they are away on vacation. I'll be taking care of Joyce on Friday, Monday and Tuesday. So I won't be able to volunteer Tuesday (which I'm bummed out about). I'm actually really excited to have the house all to myself. Although, I'm not sure how I will get to church on Sunday but I'm sure I'll fine a way. I'll have to ask around to see if I can get a ride.


Love Britt
<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.