Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm the Newest Volunteer!

Welcome,

Today was a really great day for me.

It was my first day as a Volunteer at the Library. I kind of surprised myself as I did what I had to do in order to help all the people who needed my assistance. I was surprised when I first arrived to find that the "huge" crowd my director raved about wasn't even that bad. I was expecting a huge mob. I"m just relieved it was just a few people and not a whole following or something. I was so nervous but I pushed my nerves aside and started asking people if I could help them in anyway. I did my best to answer questions to the best of my knowledge and I led people in the right direction. I'll admit I made mistakes. There were questions I couldn't answer but I directed them to the people that I knew could help them or I asked for help in order to help them.  The questions were things I should probably have of known but I did my very best. I'm so excited to go back next week.

I just need to remind myself not to pick up anymore books from the Library until I read the ones I already have. I picked up like five more today. That gives me a grand total of twelve. I wander what the limit of items that can be checked out is. I'm not sure. I refuse to have any late fees though.

My list of Library Books that I have Checked Out:

  1. Warriors: Into the Wild (Currently Reading)
  2. Ever
  3. Fruits Basket Volume 12
  4. Fruits Basket Volume 13
  5. Fruits Basket Volume 14
  6. Ranma 1/2 Volume 8
  7. House of Dark Shadows
  8. Graceling
  9. Eragon
  10. Linger
  11. Shiver
  12. Perfect (I'll will be returning this book on my next visit next week)
So there you have it. I really enjoyed my time at the Library. I kind of like being there and the people there (all the other volunteers and librarians) are very friendly and helpful. They all made me feel welcome and helped me with whatever I asked.

Love Brit
<3

0 comments: