Skip to main content

37 is for Trente-Sept!

Welcome to Reading on Thursday's,

I know, I know. The name really sucks. I'm not very good at making up creative names for my posts.  Did you know that I almost thought I had missed a day for my blog? I was like "Oh, No. I didn't miss a day. Did I?" By the way "?" is a question mark if some of you can't tell. I don't know if you can see the weird font I am typing this in but if it just so happens that you can, then I wanted you to know.

Anyway, as I was saying. Today is Reading on Thursday's.  I hope you all enjoy.

I rode the bus up to the Library. I was supposed to be there around noon but I knew the lady I was supposed to be meeting with was supposed to be in a meeting until then and I was like "Well, I want to make sure she is out of the meeting before I go in".  I arrived at around 12:44 pm. When I went in and asked Doug, the guy at the desk to see Julie, he told me she was on her break. So I walked over to this one section and a book caught my eye. English Christian Names. I was like "Hmm, I wonder if they have the name I would name my child." I looked in the C section of the book and scrolled through the list.  Guess what, the name was in there. "Caleb". I love that name and if I ever have kids and I have a boy, I would name him Caleb Mathew. If I had a girl, I would name her Elisabeth Esther, I've had my heart set on those names. I hope the man I marry is okay with that. Finally, I got introduced to all the regular Library Staff. I'm the new volunteer. So she was showing me around and asking me questions. She asked me if I liked reading or if I did it a lot. Of course, I do. I may not read as fast as others but I love reading and do it a lot. Anyway, we talked and I'm going to start volunteering next Tuesday. It's the busiest time of day, right when the Library opens and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun. I'm so excited.

So what's up with my Must Read List of 2011. I've been silently reading, trying to complete my list. I'm failing but I'm trying my best. I'm still reading Rocky Road Trip By Catherine Clark. I'm just having a hard time getting through this book. It's written as Journal Entries and it just kind of bores me to tears if you know what I mean. Angela's Ashes By Frank McCourt was more interesting than this. I never finished his book but I might try to finish it as soon as I can.  If your looking for a good book to read though then don't pass over Catherine Clark's other stand - alone books. She's a very good author.


What's on the Reading List This Week:

  1. Rocky Road Trip
  2. Book 1: Warriors: Into the Wild
  3. Ever
  4. Dreamhouse Kings Book 1: House of Dark Shadows
  5. Ranma 1/2 Volume 8
  6. Fruits Basket Volume 12
  7. Fruits Basket Volume 13
  8. Fruits Basket Volume 14
So that's what I'm going to start to read this week. I'm currently finishing up Rocky Road Trip so as soon as I am finished with that I will move on to Into the Wild . I've only heard about this series but I'm so excited to finally get a chance to read it.

Love Britt
<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nine Lives too Short....!!!

Hey Everyone I've been working on making  on completing my job applications. Which would be a lot easier if I kept all my references in one place. But no, crazy organized girl can't seem to do that. Wow, that's just sad. I'll have to get some kind of system going on to keep all my current information together. Then bye bye crazy application problems. I signed up to take my Driver's License Test. I guess that's big news. I finally be able to drive. Which will be great for college, work, and smaller endeavors.  I'm super nervous. I feel so much could go wrong. The worst that could happen is that I can't parallel park or I can't follow the instructor's commands which should be pretty basic.I hope it is anyway. I've been keeping in contact with my boyfriend who lives in Fort Myers. Haha. Talk about long distance. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far because I've kept in touch with him and I text him almost everyday.  I r

Same Blog, New Design...!!!

Hey Everyone, Thank you, Twin Butterfly Designs for this awesome new layout that you created for my blog. I am so happy with my blog. It looks absolutely amazing. You were so much fun to work with and you had so many great ideas for this layout. If anyone is looking for a new layout for their blog, then check out Twin Butterfly Designs. I would recommend her to all of my friends.

New Ideas, Old Fairy Tales...!!!

Hey Everyone, Yesterday I was walking my dog when I came up with a new twist on a old fairy tale. I was thinking of doing a new Alice in Wonderland Story. A story about Alice, an elderly woman in a mental hospital telling these stories of her when she was a little girl in wonderland. I figure the story could be made into a much more darker and horrific tale that still has that beautiful magical flare that the enchanting old story possessed. I really think this would be an interesting twist on Alice in Wonderland since every one seems to want to keep her young and innocent. Why not let her grow up? Have children of her own or end up alone? Why not let her be a insane old woman who never knows whats going on? A story narrated by Alice about Alice. I think that would be an awesome story to take on. Now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Alice and Wonderland twist. I've never done anything like this before and I'm defiantly going to do some research from the old books